ET Surface 6.2 released on 1 March 2016
ET Surface is a set of tools for ArcGIS that enable the users to create surfaces and perform surface analysis without the need of 3D or Spatial Analyst extensions. The only requirement is an ArcGIS license (Basic, Standard or Advanced).
The functionality of ET Surface is available in three different ways:
- Via the user friendly wizard type interface .
- Via a set of tools for Arc Toolbox which can be used in the Model Builder, at Command Line or in Python scripts.
- In .NET customizations.
- Interpolate Surface
- Build TIN from points, polylines or polygons. The output can be an ESRI TIN or PolygonZ TIN. For ESRI TIN features can be triangulated as Mass points or Hard break-lines. For PolygonZ TIN features will be triangulated as Mass points
- Modify TIN with points, polylines or polygons. For ESRI TIN features can be triangulated as Mass points, Hard break lines or Soft break lines. For PolygonZ TIN features are triangulated as Mass points
- Contours to Raster
- Kernel Density
- TIN Surface Analysis - Slope, Aspect, Visibility, Volume, Cut/Fill
- Raster Surface Analysis - Slope, Aspect, Hillshade, Viewshed, Volume, Cut/Fill, Interpolate Contours
- Raster Distance Analysis - Euclidean Distance, Direction and Allocation, Weighted Voronoi (Thiessen) allocation, Cost Distance and Allocation
- Hydrological functions - Flow Direction, Flow Accumulation, Derive Streams, Watershed, Fill depressions and more.
- Zonal, Focal and Point statistics
- Raster Processing - Clip, Erase, Smooth, Clean Boundaries, Resample
- Raster Calculator - Perform complex mathematical operations on rasters
- ET TerrainViewer - 3D visualization of surfaces (PolygonZ TINs and Rasters) as well as features stored in Shapefiles. Areal photography can be draped on the surface
- Profile Extractor
- Create profile of multiple surfaces (ESRI TIN, Raster, PolygonZ TIN)
- Draw profiles for
- User drawn cross-section line
- Selected polyline or polygon graphic
- Selected polyline or polygon feature
- Interactive Profile Window - Zoom, Pan, Identify, Label data points
- Represent borehole data on the profile
- Display features on the profile (draped on the surface or with their Z values)
- Animate profile for cross-sections moving along route
- Draw profile directly on the data frame
- Draw profile on the layout preserving the scale of the data frame
- Export profile to a text file, an image, point or polyline feature class
- Line of Sight (LOS) tool
- Draw on View and in Profile Window
- Set offset for the Observer and Target
- Apply Earth curvature corrections
- Apply light refraction corrections
- Apply radio wave corrections
- Animate rotation of the Observer
- Digitize 3D features or graphics with elevation extracted from ESRI TIN, Raster, PolygonZ TIN
ET Surface Functions
What's new in ET Surface
Compatible with ArcGIS 10.5
- ET Surface 6.2 - released 01 March 2016
- ET Surface 6.1 - released 14 December 2014
- ET Surface 6.0 - released 27 July 2014
- ET Surface 5.0 - released 16 November 2013
- ET Surface 4.1 - released 12 June 2012
- ET Surface 4.0 - released 12 November 2011
- ET Surface 3.0 - released 30 June 2010
- ET Surface 2.0 - released 18 April 2009
- ET Surface 1.0 - released 2 November 2008
Purchase and Register
Limitations of the unregistered software
The unregistered version of ET Surface has all the functionality of the Full version. It has no time limit, but has the following restrictions:
- Build TIN function will use the first 500 points of the input feature class only.
- Profiling, Line of Sight, and Digitize Z features functions will use the first 50 data points only.
- The functions that use TIN surface datasets will work on surfaces with:
- ESRI TIN - less than 1000 triangles
- TIN PolygonZ - less than 1000 triangles
- The raster functions do not have restriction on size, but the resulting rasters (if with more than 10,000 cells) will have a stamp with NoData cells.
- The functions for which the main data source are feature classes, will not work on feature classes with more than 100 features.
|Number licenses per order||Price per license|
|1 - 2||USD 345.00|
|3 - 4||USD 335.00|
|5 and above||USD 325.00|
|Minimum 10 licenses|
|USD 345.00 per license|
|Contact email@example.com for corporate license information.|
Upgrade / Maintenance
|See our Upgrade Policy|
|USD 80.00 per license|
How to register
After purchasing a license you will receive a reference number for your order.
A. Fixed License:
- Click Request License Key button (ET Surface Main Dialog ==> Request License Key). Fill the small form - all the fields are required.
- User Name
- Reference number (see above)
- GIS Platform
When the form is complete there are two options to chose from:
- Create Key Request File will write all the information to a file (*.et3). Send this file to firstname.lastname@example.org and in 24 hours you will receive the Key File that will unlock the full version
- Send Key Request via e-mail. This option will open you default e-mail program with all necessary information. You just have to click the SEND button
- When you receive the Key File , save the attachment (*.ets file)
to you hard disk. Click on Register button (ET Surface Main Dialog ==> Register). In the form
click on Load Key File button. Select the received file. The ET Surface dialog will
close. When opened next time the program will be registered.
If you get a message that the program is registered, but you still have no access to the full functionality. Log on to the PC as an Administrator.
- Run ArcGIS as an administrator(Right click on the icon ==> Run as administrator).
- Load the license key again.
B. Concurrent Licenses:
- Install ET License Manager on the license server computer
- Create a Key Request file, using ET License Manager Console. You provide the name of your company, a name of a contact person, valid e-mail address, and the reference number you have received upon your order.
- Send the Key Request file to email@example.com
- You will receive a license key for the number of licenses of ET Surface you have ordered shortly
- Load the License Key file using ET License Manager Console.
How do you get support:
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not change anything in the request file or the body of the generated message. It will cause the registration process to fail.
- Do not change anything in the Key File. It will cause the registration process to fail.