ET Surface 6.2 - released
01 March 2016
- Compatible with ArcGIS 10.4
ET Surface 6.1 - released 14 December 2014
- Compatible with ArcGIS 10.3
- Functionality available for implementation in ,NET
- New function - Volume Between Rasters
ET Surface 6.0 - released 27 July 2014
- Raster Calculator crashing when there is space in specific
location in the formula
- Memory problem when interpolating contours from raster, causing
gaps and discrepancies in the output.
- No output produced from Clip Raster with Polygons with specific
ESRI GRID raster datasets.
- Error in several functions caused by a bug in comparing
projections (for specific projections).
ET Surface 5.0 - released 16 November 2013
- Incorrect values calculated in Hillshade for areas in the input
raster with NoData
- Error in Create TIN when Windows language setting is not English
Compatible with ArcGIS 10.2
- The raster functionality was entirely
- Allows input and output of raster datasets to File and Personal
- Many new algorithms with improved speed.
- Improved memory handling of bigger Raster datasets.
- All Raster functions are faster and can handle bigger datasets.
- Included raster functionality for .BMP, .JPG and .PNG
Available in Implementation
ET Surface 4.1 - released 12 June 2012
- Handling of decimal point in Windows with different language
- Negative data values assignment in Create Random Raster - Wizard
- Empty message box on cancellation from the Wizard interface
- Memory leak in Build Tin functions
Compatible with ArcGIS 10.1
- Improved handling of
the output raster results for ArcGIS 10.0 and 10.1
characteristics allows user specified output units.
- Profile Extractor can draw profiles with more than 32000 data
ET Surface 4.0 -
- Cannot handle some data formats
- Focal Statistics - incorrect NoData value assigned
- Raster Viewshed - executed from the interface does not take into
consideration the Target Offset parameter
- Raster Viewshed - executed from the interface does not apply the
Cut Off parameter.
- Draw Profile On View - problem in some specific cases.
- Excessive CPU usage of the ET Surface toolbar
- Cut/Fill Raster - redundant message boxes
- Raster Calculator cannot handle the NoData value of some rasters.
- Profile Extractor draws unwanted lines in some cases.
- Creation of ESRI
Build TIN function can now output ESRI TIN as well as PolygonZ TIN.
When the ERSI TIN option is selected the input polylines or polygons
can be triangulated as Hard Break lines.
ESRI TINs and PolygonZ TINs can be modified by adding data from a feature
layer. Break lines are supported in ESRI TIN.
- New TIN
algorithms for TIN creation and modification are completely new and
allow for much bigger datasets to be processed at better speed.
On 32 bit operating systems (Windows XP 32 bit or Windows 7 32 bit) with
4 GB of RAM the function should work with no problems on datasets with up
to 6 million points. On 64 bit systems bigger datasets can be processed
depending on the available memory
- PolylineZ Characteristics - Z From Point and Z
To Points are now added to the attribute table
ET Surface 3.0 -
released 30 June 2010
- ETTV cannot read some of the saved projects.
- Setup bug - incorrect shortcut for ETTV.
- Inability to handle unsigned char, unsigned short and long rasters.
- Volume from Raster on ArcGIS 9.2 cannot build VAT
- Negative Z values for Base Contour cannot be
- Incorrect labels in the GUI of the IDW function.
- Interpolate Contours from raster function fails on
- If no raster visible and Profile Feature used - a
message box stating that no suitable layers appears.
- For some rasters the Clip Raster with Polygons
function cannot assign NoData correctly.
- Features To 3D in some cases assigns NoData to some
polylines on the boundary of the reference raster
Entirely redeveloped in DOT
Fully compatible with ArcGIS 10.
Windows XP, Vista and 7 (32 and 64 Bit).
New main dialog with
implementation of all functions added. The
functions can be used within Arc Toolbox, Model Builder and Python
- ET TerrainViewer
- Areal photography can be draped over the
- Significantly improved symbology
- Introduced a graphic layer where the user can
interactively place point objects on the surface
- Journey function - the user can define route
and walk/fly along this route.
- New environment settings - the user can select
sky box and apply fog to the scene.
- Profile Extractor
- Entirely redeveloped interface
- Unlimited surface layers can be used for
- The user can save the profile with all settings
into a project file
- Feature layers can be displayed on the profile
with labels (draped on a surface or with their Z values).
- Borehole data can be represented on the
Calculator - enables the
user to perform complex mathematical calculation on rasters
Interpolate Kernel Density Surface
- Zonal Statistics - calculates
raster statistics for the features of a polygon dataset.
- Split PolylineZ based on slope changes.
- Clean Spikes in PolylineZ.
- Some of the functions can be applied on 3
- Clip with Envelope
- Clip with Polygons
- Erase with Polygons
- Better handling of NoData values
ET Surface 2.0 -
released 18 April 2009
- A bug in the user interface of the Clip and Erase
- Incorrect values for the Average Slope calculated
by the PolylineZ Characteristics function
- A bug in the Multipatch To Polygon function
- ET TerrainViewer
- Surface Interpolation
- Raster Surface Analysis
- Raster Slope
- Raster Aspect
- Raster Hillshade
- Raster Viewshed
- Raster Volume
- Raster Cut/Fill
- Interpolate Contours from Raster
- Raster Distance
- Euclidean Distance
- Euclidean Direction
- Euclidean Allocation
Voronoi (Thiessen) allocation
- Cost Distance - cost from source
- Cost Allocation - cost from
- Cost Distance - cost from raster
- Cost Allocation - cost from
- Raster Processing
- Clip Raster with envelope
- Clip Raster with polygons
- Erase Raster with polygons
- Smooth Raster
- Clean Raster Boundaries
- Create Constant Raster
- Create Random Raster
- Change raster data type
- TIN Surface Analysis
- Identify Sinks and Peaks from
- Conversion functions
- Features (Points, Polygons,
Polylines) to raster
- ESRI TIN to Raster
- ESRI TIN To PolygonZ TIN
- TIN To Edges
- TIN To Nodes
- Build TIN
- Interpolate Contours from TIN
- Multiply Zs and Offset Zs functions
could not use negative values
ET Surface 1.0 - released 2 November 2008
ET Surface User Guide for